A comprehensive approach
When choosing an off-ice plan for development we often
ask ourselves “what are my goals and how do I get there?”
To us, on-ice hockey training should be no different.
Our 3 Pillars to On-Ice Success
Talent doesn’t come naturally, the most talented and skilled players in the world work relentlessly to master the specifics of their game.
- Puck Control: Efficiency, Confined Space, Reactivity
- Shooting: Timing, Release, Reactivity, Accuracy/Control
- Position Specific Movement
People say the best players always find a way to get time and space. This is a direct result of their movement efficiencies that occur in fractions of a second.
- Balance, Edge Work, Body Control/Deceleration
- Stride Mechanics and Movement Quality
- Resistance/Over-speed & Neuromuscular Training
- Multi-Directional Movement, Reactivity
- 1st Step Quickness
Tactics / Game Specificity
Using game specific tactics to integrate the above game changing skill sets
- Flow Drills/System Integration
- Position Specific Tactics
- Battle Drills/ Game Situation Tactics/Scrimmage
- Anaerobic Conditioning/ Sport Specific Energy System Development
Our On-Ice Services:
- 1-on-1 & Semi-Private Development Sessions
- Position Specific Development Camps
- Team Training
- Off-Site Team Training
- Off-Season Development Sessions
Our 4,000 sq. ft facility is located at Canlan Ice Sports York, and offers a state-of-the-art location for high performance hockey training and sport conditioning. With 6 accessible rinks, we have the convenience of a one-stop shop for all of your hockey training needs.